Sciatica is one of the main culprits of lower back pain, and without effective treatment, it can diminish your quality of life. Thankfully, by seeking chiropractic care from Spine & Joint Chiropractic Rehab Clinic in JLT, Dubai, you can live a pain-free life once again.
What Are Risk Factors for Sciatica?
While anyone can suffer from sciatica, some people are at more risk than others. The following factors put you at risk of sciatica:
- Obesity: Excessive weight puts pressure on the spine, compressing the sciatic nerve. Losing weight can help manage sciatica pain.
- Pregnancy: When pregnant, your body undergoes numerous physical and physiological changes. If you are pregnant, you add weight and your pelvic muscles loosen as your body prepares to give birth. A combination of these factors puts pressure on the sciatic nerve, putting you at risk of back pain.
- Poor posture: The way you sit or sleep can put you at risk of back pain. Improper posture makes your back muscles work hard as they try to compensate for the imbalance. As a result, you may put a strain on your back, causing sciatic nerve pain.
- Injuries: Car accidents, sports injuries, slips, and falls may cause your spine to move out of position, putting pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Physically demanding work: If your occupation involves lifting heavy objects and repetitive motions, this may irritate your spinal nerves. Make sure to take breaks when doing physical activities and maintain the correct posture when lifting weights.
- Smoking: Tobacco contains nicotine that slows down blood circulation. Poor blood circulation slows healing and causes inflammation to linger, putting you at risk of lower back pain.
Visit Us for Sciatica Treatment from Our Chiropractor
Is sciatica pain ruining your life in Dubai or the surrounding areas? You don’t have to continue living in pain. Instead, please book an appointment with Spine & Joint Chiropractic Rehab Clinic for pain relief. We use natural and non-invasive techniques to treat sciatica and other conditions